I’ve been luckily enough to play the Strathyrum course in the Wee Wonders Final in 2018.
Held on the Strathyrum course at St Andrews, Thierry came 19th in a field of 30 with two rounds of 12 over par over the weekend tournament. The field of 30 competitors had all qualified through regional events and finals.
Thierry got to the Grand Final after attending 10 qualifying and 9 regional finals around the UK over the last 14 months. He travelled 8500 miles in that time, never once complaining, with a focus to get to play at St
As a result of getting through to the Grand Final, Thierry is through to the US Kids European Finals to be held in Scotland in May 2019. Can’t wait for that
The last three weeks has been a wild journey that I’m happy to share with you guys. I’ve travelled thousands of miles playing loads of golf competitions including a number of Wee Wonders regional qualifiers and enjoyed every minute of fun. There have been a few times on course that have let me down, but the ups are much better than the downs ! Almost got a slam dunk hole in one too.
In three weeks I have played the following courses, mostly chasing Wee Wonders regional qualifications.
- A warm up 9 holes at Branston Park
- Wee Wonders qualifier at Willesley Park
- Paul Casey Trophy at Chobham Golf Club
- Wee Wonders qualifier at Haddington Golf Club near Edinburgh, Scotland
- Trip to the Isle of Wight to play in a Wee Wonders qualifier at Shanklin & Sandown Golf Club
- Nine holes with dad at Osborne House on the Isle of Wight
- Wee Wonders qualifier at Hoebridge Golf Club
- Nine holes with dad at Mains of Taymouth in Perthshire, Scotland
- 18 holes at Torphins Golf Club in Aberdeenshire
- 9 holes at Lumphanan Golf Club a few miles away from Torphins
- Wee Wonders qualifier back at Torphins where I qualified to play at Carnoustie !
- Nine holes with dad at Farrington Golf Club where there’s a regional Wee Wonders event in a month’s time
- A great 18 holes at Wells Golf Club where I shot 16 over.
- Finally today, a gentle nine holes in a par 3 Cappagh Cup competition at my home club.
That’s a 153 holes of golf in 22 days !
And I got to go to Wentworth to see the BMW European Tour, popped over to Carnoustie to have a look and stopped to take a look at St Andrews !
In the background at the ‘Home of Golf’ is the Royal and Ancient Golf Club.